Beetroot and Raspberry Smoothie
This vitamin-packed drink makes a filling and nutritious breakfast if you are in a hurry. The beetroot content of the drink may even help blood flow in older people, especially to the frontal lobe.
- 2 cooked beetroot, about 125 g in total, cooled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (60 g) raspberries, plus extra to garnish (optional)
- 1 cup (250 ml) cranberry juice, chilled
- 1 cup (250 g) low-fat natural yogurt or low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- Purée the beetroot, raspberries and cranberry juice in a food processor or blender.
- Strain the purée into a large bowl to remove the raspberry seeds, then whisk in most of the yogurt.
- Pour the smoothie into four glasses and spoon in the remaining yogurt. Gently swirl in the yogurt, then garnish with the extra raspberries, if desired. Serve immediately.
Preparation: 10 minutes